Mint & Maple Workshops
Since early 2015 I have taught over 1000 students brush lettering, watercolor basics + pointed pen calligraphy. I love getting to meet new people, teach, and help people tap into the creativity that lives within us all. This workshop is an easy and fun way to take the leap into trying something new!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Learn the basic strokes needed to gain control of brushes in order to create various letter widths, as well as working with the paint consistency and flow
- Learn the basics of brush markers
- Learn how to create washes and blending for custom watercolor cards
- Through lots of practice painting alphabets and completing set exercises, you'll put your strokes into practice and explore making your own hand lettered art
Classes are no more than 15 people in order to get more one-on-one instruction
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Anyone and everyone who has an interest in lettering! We’ll be starting with the basics so we can achieve a good understanding of brush lettering techniques. Complete beginners welcome. No experience necessary!
WHAT WILL YOU TAKE AWAY?
- Your very own brush lettering supplies including 2 watercolor brushes, brush marker, pencil, watercolor palette, 3 different types of paper, alphabet , and a brush lettering guide filled with helpful tricks and tips
- Yummy sweets and wine!
- All of your work including a final project demonstrating your skills
- Lots of hands-on experience working with an Austin-based calligrapher/letterer
HOW CAN I USE BRUSH LETTERING?
- Make your very own greeting cards that have a personal touch
- Brush letter custom quotes, verses, or lyrics for your home
- Make signage, menus, and place cards for weddings or other events
- Students say they use their new brush lettering skills to create one of a kind party decorations, unique and personal cards for family and loved ones, and many are just excited to learn something new and be creative!